History

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fortin's opened on July 2, 1946.

Below is an article from The Chilliwack Progress, published July 24, 1946:

 

Fortin's was founded by Laurence Fortin(right) and his father Charles Fortin(left).

Charles FortinLaurence Fortin


Charles Fortin was the machinist. His machinst sign still hangs in our machineshop.

Back in 1946 Chilliwack had a population of 13 000, Fortin's was only open six days a week, and we closed for an hour at lunch.
Chilliwack's airport opened that same year.

 

Fortin's is owned by Jeff Fortin, the third generation.

We are very proud that many associates of Fortin's stay with us to have long careers.

As Chilliwack has grown, so has Fortin's.

Fortin's has three locations:
45750 Airport Road, Chilliwack
5674 Vedder Road, Chilliwack
31748 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford

Our two Chilliwack locations are now combined with our Home Hardware stores.
The aim is to create a "one stop shop" or "general store" feeling.

Fortin's is apart of two, 100% Canadian owned, co-op's.
One is Modern Sales Co-op a diverse automotive/industrial co-op with over 500 member stores across Canada.
The second is Home Hardware with over 1100 member stores across Canada.
Being apart of these two diverse co-op's gives Fortin's access to hundreds of manufactures that lets us be competitive to give our customers better service.

 

Sign Up for Deals!

×