Fortin's opened on July 2, 1946. Fortin's was founded by Laurence Fortin and his father Charles Fortin. Charles Fortin was the machinist. His machinst sign still hangs in our machineshop. Back in 1946 Chilliwack had a population of 13 000, Fortin's was only open six days a week, and we closed for an hour at lunch. Chilliwack's airport opened that same year. Fortin's is owned by Jeff Fortin, the third generation. We are very proud that many associates of Fortin's stay with us to have long careers.